Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Revisited

Happy New Year! Sorry, we're a few days late. We spent New Years in New York (upstate) at a wedding on NYE in Buffalo and a few days in one of our favorite small towns, New Paltz. It was a nice little getaway, but holy driving, Batman!


Congratulations, Jim and Carrie (we make for perfect couples).


These guys lived at the B&B we stayed at...I think a Coo is in our future!

I wanted to pick a few adjectives to describe 2010. At first glance, they seemed all over the map but upon further reflection I realized they were spot on (side note: this is exactly why blogging is so awesome - you don't have to try and remember everything you did because you wrote it down - give it a try, it's magic I tell you!). Okay, on to the madness. Our 2010 year in words can be summed up as: blissful, stressful, accomplished, sad, celebratory, busy, balanced (maybe I should have said antonyms not adjectives!). Twenty-ten was a mixed bag of ups and downs but James and I came out of it feeling good about our year's accomplishments, decisions and hard work. While we still have big changes coming up in 2011 and beyond, we can honestly say we feel more settled than ever before. Settled into marriage, settled into our careers, settled into our life together. Twenty-ten has been our best year together - ever. That's saying a lot.


One of our favorite climbing spots, the Shawangunks (The Gunks), New Paltz, NY


I had to squeeze in a few more pictures from this weekend. But alas, to the point. Here's our speedy recap of the past 12 months...

The Chadwick family welcomed a new baby girl into the world in January 2010, Aubrey Noel (also know as "BA" or "Aubs"). James and I refinished and moved into a larger apartment. Brother Curt and sister-in-law Mandy decided to make the leap and move back to Connecticut. James and I reached the summit of Mount Washington last winter. After several failed attempts to cure years of running related injuries, I tried acupuncture to fix my problems. It didn't work, but this did which allowed me to participate in a 24 hour, 200 mile relay race and a marathon. 2010 was a year of losses too, my Grandma Beth died, James lost his grandmother who I never got to meet because she lived in Poland, and my great aunt Barbara passed. They will all be missed dearly. I chopped off my hair. James likes it long so now it's growing again. Collectively, together and sometimes apart, James and I traveled to Hawaii, California (more than once), Vermont, Illinois, New York, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Maine, Utah, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Maryland. These trips generally involved a cocktail of work, play, friends, family and fun. James worked his tail off and got a big promotion - it was clear from his company holiday party this year that the whole place loves him, I was so proud. We both also found time to enjoy our other creative passions. Our wedding pictures were published on professional blogs and even in print. We celebrated our first anniversary and we pushed forward with the biggest decision of our lives together (so far), to build our first home.

Phew! New can you see the need for so many adjectives?! Twenty-ten was a great year, but here's hoping 2011 is even better! Stay tuned for our New Year Resolutions - that post is up next and there are quite a few of them!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys really did have such a full, but wonderful year. I love reading about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete