This boy. Oh my, this boy. He has my heart all wrapped up in those chubby little hands. My children are different. Well, let me say this at least...my babies are different. Sully is not the same baby that Cece was. I'm not saying Cece was difficult, but now as I think back on her first year I have to be honest, it was hard. It wasn't all her, of course. Much of it was adjusting to the whole parenthood gig which is enough to throw anyone (everyone?) off course. But anyone who spends a little time with us can tell pretty quickly that my children have different dispositions. Cece is all fireball and Sully is sweet tea. I have no idea where those analogies just came from but they are the first things that came to mind and certainly describe these two pretty accurately. I love them both.
At 10 months Sully...
- Has two teeth and the beginnings of several more.
- Eats like a HORSE. Easily outdoes Cece at every meal. Isn't picky at all, I hope that stays!
- Says "dadda" and many other "words" that I can't quite make out. He's very verbal.
- Loves to wave hello and goodbye
- Cries major tears every time I drop him off at daycare. Oh my heart.
- Has a affinity for swings, bumps and anything speedy. A true boy.
- Is solidly standing but still needs to hold on to something to balance. Starting to cruise.
- Is wearing mostly 18 month clothes
- Does not sleep through the night. On a good night, the longest stretch is about 5-6 hours.
- Is still nursing and lately has started to BITE me. No, no, no. Ouch.
- Loves the boob but only tolerates a bottle. It can take him 3 hours to finish a 4 ounce bottle at daycare.
- Loves Summit.
- Loves Cece.
- Loves mommy the most. It's hard to complain about that, even if it means I literally get NOTHING done when I'm home with him.
- Is in the "everything goes in my mouth" phase. Has pooped out grass, rubber bands and lots and lots of sand.
- Is terribly photogenic because he's almost ALWAYS smiling. And, did I mention the hair?
- Will snuggle with anyone, anytime. I hope that lasts forever and ever.
Oh Sully, you are my favorite little boy. I love you so.