Friday, January 15, 2010

New Digs

On Christmas Eve, James, Summit and I moved into our new apartment. We had been working for weeks to renovate the downstairs apartment of the house the we live in (and my parents own - and yes, of course we pay rent). The upstairs apartment is nice, but downstairs we have much more room, sunlight and direct access to the basement. Doing laundry is horrible enough as it is, imagine how bad it was when we had go down two flights of stairs and outside to get to the washer/dryer in the basement.

This is our FOURTH move in THREE years. That's right, Summit is only three years old and she's lived in four different homes. Enough already! There is an end in sight - a home of our own - but realistically, it's probably still a few years off.

Here are a few before and after pics of our new digs. Enjoy!

BEFORE (I wish I had more photos, especially of the ugly 30 year old wallpaper!)




Summit being (un)helpful



KITCHEN





HALLWAY/DINING ROOM



LIVING ROOM




Summit's favorite spot

BEDROOM




I love the bedroom wallpaper and my ginormous closet!

BATHROOM



BASEMENT


The basement is still kind of scary (it is a 100 year old house afterall) but functional for our indoor exercise routine...and laundry too of course!

1 comment:

  1. It looks fabulous! I love the color of your kitchen and I love that there are so many windows letting in the light. It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete