Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hilton Head Island

Work has brought me to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. I've been here for the past four days for a conference and I'm heading home this afternoon. It's quite beautiful here and the weather has been wonderful - a nice escape from the cold, wet weather back home. My conference responsibilities - a workshop about publishing interactive maps online - went really well and I've enjoyed attending some of the other sessions and mingling with professionals in my field. I did manage to sneak away yesterday for a long bike ride on the beach. It was 70 and sunny. I didn't remember to bring my sunscreen and ended up with a nice sunburn, but it didn't matter - just being out in sunshine made it all worth it!


As enjoyable as the trip has been, I'm looking forward to heading home and can't wait to see James and Summit. I have a BIG surprise waiting for me when I get back to Connecticut. I bet you wanna know what it is...but I'm not telling! You'll have to wait until the next post! Ahhhh, the suspense!

No comments:

Post a Comment