Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lady Love and Boy Bonding

Simply put, James and I have wonderful friends. This weekend, we both got to spend time with our closest friends, conjuring up memories of the past and celebrating what's ahead on our horizon. On Saturday, my bridesmaids and my mom threw me a shower at my parent's house. It was a small backyard celebration complete with fresh flowers, vegetarian cuisine and presents wrapped in recycled or reusable materials. It was perfect! Thank you to all who attended, you made my afternoon something special! I love you all!


My Ladies: Suzanne, Caitlin, Kelly and Ava and me and my soon-to-be sister-in-law Alisa and her daughter Ava, my new niece!

Notice the recycled wrapping paper? Me and my momma

That evening, my girlfriends put together a "girls only" sleepover. The night started with a scavenger hunt that spanned three different towns and took me to various places that were special to James and I. A few examples: our favorite bike trail, our old house (the tree house), my elementary school, the Sweet Shoppe. At each stop I was presented with a pair of "undergarments" from one of my friends and a clue. I had to guess who had given me the skivvies and where the next stop was based on the clue. Then I put on each pair over my clothes. Seriously. It was so quite an adventure! We then headed for dinner and drinks at La Vita Gustosa and finally ended up at the Murphy's riverside "shack" for more gossiping and smores over a bon fire. I think we finally crashed at about 3 am, what a night! Thank you to all my wonderful girlfriends for putting together such a thoughtful weekend, you know me better than almost anyone - it was PERFECT!


I tried to find a non-embarrassing picture of the evening but there were NONE. So now y'all know what happens when I drink too much wine and spend the night with my girlfriends. PS- thanks Nic for the hot pink underpants, they really made the outfit shine (seriously, I'm florescent)!


Kelly, Sues, Kelly, me, Cait, and Nicole

James and his groomsmen had an exciting weekend too. On Friday morning they all headed out to Block Island for their "boys only" weekend. They sure did pick a perfect time to go to the beach! After a coolish summer, the last week has been HOT and sunny! They had perfect weather the whole time they were there. I don't know all the details of the whole weekend (and I'm not asking either, haha) , but from what I gather, it was full of beaches, boozing and shenanigans. James came home tired and sunburned. I'm just glad everyone made it back in one piece!





The boys: Chris, Pat, Krzysztof, James and Mitch

Thanks again to everyone who made our weekend special. We love you all so much and can't wait to spend our wedding day with our "bestests" by our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment