Monday, August 31, 2009

The Joy of Receiving

Recently, James and I have been showered (literally) with gifts. I very genuinely enjoy giving gifts more than receiving them, but lately the receiving part has grown on me. Maybe it's all the new shiny appliances in our kitchen that has won me over, I don't know =). In any case, both James and I are so grateful for all the new toys we've received - just for getting hitched! I'd share all the wonderful gadgets we've gotten (including all the camping and outdoor goodies from REI) but I'm sure none of you are as in love with our stuff as we are. One gift I would like to share with you is something we received from one of my closest, oldest girlfriend's (my MOH, Caitlin) mother - who, growing up, was like a second mom to me. Being a school teacher, Jane is incredible crafty and creative and her talents really shown through in her shower gift. Check it out! She did it all herself, I'm so impressed! James and I will definitely enjoy this one!


Tub o' drinks - each one with a special "drink" date and a poem to match. Click on each photo below to read the poem.








She didn't forget Summit!

It was such a special gift, one of my favorites (James' and Summit's too!). Thanks Jane, you really outdid yourself with this one! We'll think of you when we drink every bottle.

On a similar, but slightly different note, James and I finally got around to making labels for our own homemade wine. Do you like? I think it's a perfect portrait!


Summit and her mug.

1 comment: