Monday, November 10, 2014

Baby #2: 39 Weeks

T-minus one week (or so) to go! It's kind of surreal to be at this stage already. And as uncomfortable as I am and as much as I kind of hate being pregnant, it's also a little strange/sad to think this is the last time (knock on wood) I'll be pregnant. That's the plan, anyway. =)

My symptoms this week have been similar to what I've been complaining about over the past few. Heartburn seems to be especially bad and I have to get up 4-5 times a night to pee. Two nights this week I was woken up at 4 am with real contractions. I eventually timed a few of them and they were 10-12 minutes apart and when I got up they stopped. Nothing too alarming, though that first night I did panic a little because I still didn't have hospital bags packed and felt like I had 100 things left on my "to-do" list. As a result, I ended up getting up at 4 am and spent the rest of the morning (until I had to leave for work!) scurrying about the house like a mad woman to check some of those things off my list. Pregnancy hormones make you do strange things. I also scrubbed all of our kitchen cabinets this week, organized our guest room closet, junk drawers, laundry room and bathroom closet. I think I've done 20 loads of laundry. I've been washing literally everything in sight. Productive? Yes. A little insane? Yes.

The babe still seems pretty content in there. He's just like his sister and spends most of his time hanging out on my right side. Maybe it's just me. These kids have probably rearranged all of my other organs to the left side to make it as roomy as possible for themselves in there. I swear I'm lopsided now and I can almost always feel a foot poking out the side of my stomach. This kid is a stretcher!
Two little photobombers!
Despite a clean house and packed hospital bags (finally!), I'd be lying if I said I felt ready for labor. I dug out our old books from the birthing class we took when I was pregnant with Cece and skimmed them for oh, about 3 minutes. It's not that I feel especially calm or confident about giving birth again (actually, I'm dreading the pain, that memory has not left me!) but I just haven't felt anxious about it or had the desire to write out a birth plan or pester James to hone up on his own birth prep. I'm sure when the real labor pains start, I'll probably panic a bit that we are totally and entirely under-prepared. But then again, maybe not. Guess we'll have to wait and see. At this point, as long as we remember to grab the car seat, drop off Cece and get to the hospital before the babe comes, I'd say we'll be just fine. Let's face it, he's coming weather we're ready or not!

Here's my 39 week picture from Cece's pregnancy. Bump #2 looks bigger and lower to me. Yes?

1 comment:

  1. From your photos, it looks as though your bump is bigger this time around, but the rest of you is smaller. When I was pregnant with Henry so many people told me that boy bumps are lower and larger. A guy I know had me turn in a circle in front of him, and then he promptly told that me I was having a boy (he hadn't known the gender). He was like, "Your butt still looks the same, that's how I can tell" and I was like, "Ummmm, okaaaaaay." Ha. Weird stuff! Despite probably feeling enormous, you really look great. Hope these next few days are peaceful and the birth goes well!

    ReplyDelete