Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Six Weeks

I can't help myself, I have to post another update. She's changing so fast! Look at those new baby rolls, ye-haw!

Cece weighs over 10 pounds already! We know that because we had to make a special trip to the pediatrician last week. Cece's been spitting up (much more than the average newborn) after feedings and she's super gassy (on both ends), fussy and generally uncomfortable after eating. Dr. Whitaker diagnosed her with acid reflux. I guess this is pretty common. She put her on a low dose of baby Pepcid and so far we've seen some improvement. I'm hopeful the trend continues, she's a lot cuter when she's not screaming in pain. Poor babe.

There are lots of happy developments though! Cece's more and more alert everyday. She smiles and "talks" to us. She's LOVES her hands and is constantly putting fingers in her eyes and fists in her mouth. This morning I even caught her legitimately rubbing her eyes. Hopefully we can start to use that as a cue it's time for a nap. Speaking of naps, she isn't really into them...daytime naps that is. It can be hard to get her to sleep for any extended period of time during the day. The good news is she sleeps great at night and has been giving us more and more 4-5 hour stretches before needing to get up and feed. My favorite time of day is the morning. We have gotten into the habit of putting her in bed with us and snuggling for an hour or two before getting up. It's the best. thing. ever. I hope she wants to snuggle for a long time to come. Forever would be good.
morning snuggles with my girls

No comments:

Post a Comment