Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Celebrating Thanksgiving this year took up almost a whole week. We had three separate turkey day dinners, celebrating with both sides of the family (Tuesday and Thursday) and then hosting our annual Friendsgiving feast at our house yesterday. That meant having 20 friends over for dinner.

We also went out with good friends to dinner and to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Friday night. I didn't take any pictures so I borrowed this one. It was a good show but I'm not sure what the baby must have thought of all the loud electric guitar music and laser beams of light shining on us.

As if all that wasn't enough we decided to get Christmas started early this year since we will be a bit preoccupied in a few weeks. We went with the fam to pick our Christmas trees today. We got another live tree that we can replant and watch grow over the years. We plan on putting it up later this week.

When we got home from the tree adventure we decided to pull down the Christmas boxes from the attic and before we knew it, James was already putting up lights his workshop and I was hanging stockings on our mantel. We still have more decorating to do but it's a start.

It was a busy week. Maybe too busy. I woke up this morning and literally every part of my body hurt, especially my hands and feet, which were also really swollen and achy after spending several days going non-stop. At 37 weeks pregnant it's probably a sign I should start taking it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment