Monday, June 18, 2012

Surviving the First Trimester

Ok, here we go...the first pregnancy post. Since I've never been pregnant before, this is all  very new to me. Some things I've had to get used to right off the bat: (1) I have very little control over what my body is doing right now and I have a feeling that's not going to change; (2) eat when your tummy says to eat; (3) eat when your tummy says not to eat; (4) get over it and just buy a bigger bra already; (4) yoga pants are a girls best friend; (5) girlfriends are also mandatory; (6) don't take everything out on your husband, it really isn't (entirely) his fault.

Below are pictures and week-by-week anecdotes and below those I posted my first trimester "stats". Now that the secret is out, hopefully I'll be able to post weekly updates from now on.  



First Trimester Stats:
Total Weight Gain: 3lbs (feels like waaaay more!)
Cravings: pasta and carbs and COLD fresh fruit
Aversions: coffee, certain veggies, Mexican food (usually a staple in my diet!) 
Morning sickness: worst weeks 7-9
Baby's size: week 6 - the size of a sweet pea ; week 13 - the size of a peach
Unwanted side effects: acne breakouts, exhaustion, constipation (sorry tmi), potty breaks 3-4 times a night
Wanted side effects: thick glorious hair (which needs to be cut!), an excited husband


2 comments:

  1. It's so great that you're documenting all of this. I was never very good at that. I like how you noted that we really have no control over our bodies when pregnant. So true!
    I think we're about 6 weeks ahead of you, I'm 21 weeks today. The next fun things for you should be finding out gender and feeling the baby move. Congratulations again! Can't wait to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! It's an exciting time for sure. And I'm excited to be going through this with you and many of my other girlfriends! Gotta lean on my experienced moms for advice and support, that's for sure! Six weeks sounds exactly right, how exciting. And did you know Curt's wife Mandy is due in early October too, so she's just before you! We'll have to have a family reunion soon, haha. Hope all is well and you're feeling as good as could be expected! xo

      Delete