Saturday, June 23, 2012

From Bean to Babe

Below are the first photos of our little bean babe. The first was taken at 7 weeks, 5 days old. The second at 12 weeks, 1 day and the last at 12 weeks, 6 days old.  As you can see, what used to be a bean is now definitely a babe. Amazing how that happens so fast! We had to have two taken in the twelfth week because the babe wasn't cooperating for the screening test. As you can see, babe wanted to be sitting up instead of lying down and that wasn't going to fly. The good news is the second time around, babe was lying perfectly and past all the tests with flying colors. So we know this kid is already taking after both parents - stubborn and smart! Just a few more weeks until our anatomy scan when we can find out if the babe is a boy or a girl! What do you think?

Little bean.
Stubborn little babe...possibly sucking thumb already!
12 weeks, 6 days old.

3 comments:

  1. It really is amazing how quickly they go from looking like a blob on the screen to looking like babies. We just had our ultrasound last week and it was amazing to see all the details such as ribs, spine, fingers, toes, etc.
    I'm 4 for 4 in predicting the gender of my own kids, but I'm not so good at guessing the gender of other peoples' babies. But, just for fun, I'm going to guess you're having a girl. Can't wait to find out!
    And I didn't know that Mandy was pregnant! How exciting for your family. I bet your parents are ecstatic! By the end of the year, they will have doubled the number of grandchildren they have. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say don't find out the gender! Let it be a surprise! We've done both and decided we liked the surprise of a mystery baby and delivery room reveal better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather...did you find out with your first one or your second? My guess is you found out with your first and left your second to surprise. That's how we are leaning anyway. If you want the honest truth...the reason I want to find out is because I know what gender I prefer. Oh god, did I just say that out loud? I'm already a terrible mother! If the baby isn't what I'm hoping for...well, at least I have some time to come around, haha. Oy! I AM terrible! Terrible. Healthy babe. That's all I care about. =)

      Delete