Monday, May 28, 2012

Pacific Northwest Road Trip

Sorry for the radio silence here on the blog, I've been on the west coast for 11 days! As I mentioned in my 30th birthday post, my mom and I planned a last minute road trip through Oregon and Washington. I had a USDA conference in Portland, Oregon last week so we went out a week early, rented a car and hit the open road. We were very lucky to have great weather the entire week. In total, we drove over 1600 miles on mostly scenic one lane roads. Highlights included: Portland, OR; the Columbia River Gorge; Mount Hood; Bend, OR; Crater Lake National Park, the Oregon Coast, Lake Quinault, WA, coastal WA, Olympic National Park and Mount Olympia; and Mount Saint Helen's. Check out the interactive map (I couldn't help myself) outlining our six day adventure. 

View Larger Map

Ready for pictures? I though so! There was no shortage of photo-ops. I'm so thankful we had clear, sunny days. I'm also thankful for all the rain this region gets because everything was so lush and GREEN!
Multnomah Falls, Columbia River Gorge, OR
Mount Hood, OR
Sunset over wildlife preserve, central OR
Sunset, central OR
Water and wood, central OR

Looming giants, central OR
Grazing elk, central OR

Crater Lake National Park, central OR

Three trees, Crater Lake National Park, Central OR
Going coastal, Coastal OR
Setting sun, coastal OR
Bluffs, coastal OR
North to Washington, Astoria, OR
Water and moss, Olympic Peninsula, WA
Lake Quinault, WA
Rainforest, Olympic National Park, WA
Baby ferns, Olympic National Park, WA
Olympic National Park, WA
Olympic sized valley, WA

The trip was all fun with just a little work on the side. I conducted a GIS training at the USDA National Water Conference in Portland, OR. Here's the proof. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to explore that part of our country. It's so beautiful! I've only been up that way twice and can't wait to go again. The pictures you took are amazing as well. You and your mom both look great. What a fun mother-daughter adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Oregon sunset photo is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! Especially the lighthouse!
    WoW!

    ReplyDelete