Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday James!

Today is James' 29th Birthday. Unfortunately, he's spending it flying to Georgia to work with Caterpillar this week. He's helping them design and make fuel injection nozzles for their heavy earth moving machines. Sexy, huh? I told him to tell them it was his birthday, maybe they'll send him home with a backhoe or something...not that we need another one or anything!


We did get to enjoy breakfast together this morning and made some time this past weekend for birthday dinners, lunches and family time. I made some yummy low sugar red velvet cupcakes and surprised him with a new geeked-out gadget, because let's face it, that's just how we roll.


James had been expressing interest in exploring the stars since we moved in and realized the position of the house and the amount of the windows make the night's sky amazingly accessible from several rooms in the house. So I did a little research and decided to get James the Astromaster for his birthday. I just like saying the name...the ASTROMASTER! I can't get it out of my head. In fact, I've been walking around the house spouting out "THE ASTROMASTER" in my best deep space voice for the past three days (I gave him the tele on Friday b/c I couldn't wait). It's just fun to say I guess...try it.



This telescope is cool. The moon looks so amazing through it. You can explore all of the craters on it and we could even see Jupiter and Venus. The telescope has a special mount to attach my DSLR to it. I took a few pictures of the moon but they only came out so-so. I need to practice a little more but you get the idea.

It looks kind of ginormous from this angle. Sorry for the blurry iPhone pic.



We also enjoyed some time with both sides of the family to celebrate James' birthday and Easter. I'm heading off to Las Vegas this week and weekend with my parents for a family wedding. Unfortunately, due to work schedules and limited vacation time, James and my brother's family won't be able to join us so the Easter bunny had to make an early appearance.



Next week I'll have a Las Vegas recap and a sneak peek at photos from the wedding. My cousin is getting married and asked me to be her photographer (say, what?!). Oh and she's a wedding photographer herself (no pressure or anything). I guess the fact that I mostly take pictures of dogs and trees didn't dissuade her from thinking it would be a good idea for my first wedding shoot to be hers. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I might need a lot of luck!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to James! That telescope really does look awesome and I have to agree with you, "Astromaster" is really fun to say. =)
    How great that you get to do the photos for Amanda's wedding! We won't be in Las Vegas, but will be attending their open house the next week. I look forward to enjoying all the bliss through your pictures. I love weddings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you guys won't be there, I was hoping maybe we'd see you. Next time. =)

      Delete