Friday, January 27, 2012

Room Reveal: Kitchen

Several months ago our kitchen cabinets were installed and slowly, over time, the rest of the kitchen has come together. It's been exciting to see our vision come alive. Yesterday I shared photos of us putting up the tile backsplash and today, we're finally ready to reveal the whole thing. The kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house (our master bedroom is pretty high on that list too). We socked a chunk of our home building savings into this room and decided to do several "upgrades" in the kitch beyond the standard affair. I'm so glad we did because I love every inch of it. Love, love, LOVE! No regrets. And besides, everyone always ends up in the kitchen, right? So worth it. Take a look.



Here's a closer look at a few details...

I think I died and went to heaven the day I met our new 36" Italian gas range.


Does it get any more retro than that?


Still not sure what to put on the shelf here. Our wedding plate looks nice for now.


More wedding details hidden in secret nooks.


Industrial pendants


Summit's "T" Jar has a home too!


Speaking of Summit...


Ready to entertain!

5 comments:

  1. REALLY in love with the gas stove...and really jealous of it too!!! love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful kitchen! Extremely close in style to my dream kitchen...love the modern/fresh farmhouse look. I adore the apron front sink, ceiling-high cabinets, and stainless gas range. And the color of that subway tile is to die for. Just amazing...you should send your photos to a magazine like Country Living...they are all about blending classic/traditional looks with modern features, and they like green homes. I bet your kitchen would be featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kitchen is absolutely gorgeous -- completely drool-worthy! Great choices all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends! Now come visit it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Marissa - your home is magazine feature worthy!! LOVE your kitchen!! LOVE the tile color!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that you put it in yourselves!

    ReplyDelete