Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Snow

I've lived in Connecticut my whole life and I can't recall a time when it snowed before Halloween. This weekend the state didn't just experience a few snowflakes, we got some serious accumulation. James and I woke up to about 6 inches at our house but other parts of the state got up to a foot of fall snow. Since many of the trees still have leaves, the heavy wet snow also caused branches to fall and even resulted in some downed trees. We lost power last night but thankfully had it restored this morning. I don't know about you, but I feel strongly that it's a little to early in the season for this and I'm hoping it's not a sign of what's to come. Remember last year? It makes me sad to say it, but I truly think we all are going to have to get used to these crazy weather events. Global warming seems unstoppable at this point and extreme weather patterns (among many other warming-related atrocities) that result from it are here to stay. Sorry for my bummer attitude, it's just how I'm feeling at the moment. Maybe a few funny pics will help lighten the mood...

first snow at new house


It's not too often you find a mix foliage, flowers and snow here in CT!

2 comments:

  1. No snow here in Richmond, but we did get our first frost. I wish I had thought to harvest the rest of my basil plant for some homemade pesto before the frost. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. Each year seems to get worse and worse with the weather extremes. At least you got some beautiful pictures out of it. =)

    ReplyDelete