Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Fourth Trip Down the Aisle

Last spring I sold my wedding dress to a very excited bride. It was a little sad to see her go but I always knew I was going to pass her on. I remember so clearly the excitement I had when I discovered this dress in a swanky (read overpriced) dress shop on the Connecticut shoreline. I also remember the crushing disappointment when I realized very quickly that I would never be able to afford it. Then came the reversal of emotions when I was able to find it used (twice used, actually), the excitement on the day it arrived, the anticipation upon opening the box and the pure elation of finding that it fit like a glove. It was truly meant to be my dress. I wanted to pass on all those emotions and I was so happy when I found Nhi to be the next happy bride to walk down the aisle in the dress. Nhi and I have been emailing back and forth, before her wedding and now after the happy day. She recently sent me pictures from her big day. It looked like an amazing celebration and this dress was very clearly also meant to be hers as well. I hope she decides to keep the magic going and pass it on to yet another excited bride. Check out all of Nhi's wedding pictures including more pictures of the dress here.


No comments:

Post a Comment