Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Last week I had to say goodbye to my wedding dress. I always knew I wanted to resell my dress so that she could make another bride as happy as she made me, but it was bittersweet boxing her up and sending it off. When I bought the dress, she had already been worn in two weddings. Sharing her with another bride means that this will be her fourth trip down the aisle. That's pretty impressive. I'm not sure exactly what her first wedding was like, but the second owner of this dress had a very formal Texan wedding. I of course, worn her in our more casual farm wedding and bride number 4 is planning a small beach wedding in Florida. I think it's so cool that the dress has such a diverse history and has put a smile on so many faces. I sure will miss it, but I couldn't be happier to pass her on.


Here's an excerpt from an email that I received from the new owner upon seeing the dress for the first time:

Hi Cary,

I received your gorgeous dress today- and it fits amazingly! I almost had an emotional moment because when i tried on the dress, it looked like it was handmade for me and my body. It's moments like these I believe in a higher power. The shape, details, and sweetheart neckline of the dress are all very flattering. I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to wear such a remarkable dress. The dress is beyond beautiful and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.



Yippie! It was definitely meant to be. I can't wait to see a picture of her in the dress on her wedding day. And for any of you brides looking to buy or sell a used dress, check out these two sites: Once Wed and PreOwnedWeddingDresses.

1 comment: