Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Nod to Fall

Before Christmas comes and 2015 goes, I thought I'd throw together an "all in one" post about our fall. Admittedly, I have not been the best at updating our blog. It's not easy keeping up with kids, a career, a husband and my own needs (mama has NEEDS, y'all!). Life is too busy.

The kiddos are getting big, fast. Sully turned 1 on November 16 and Cece's about to turn 3 on December 19. Some days I think they are growing too fast and I want it all to slow down, other days, well, 18 can't come soon enough (ok, kidding. mostly.). I love them though. Here's Cece after her first official haircut. Girlfriend had a serious mullet working for her so I chopped it off. She still won't let me put it in a ponytail or clip much but at least it looks a bit better.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. The kids had fun at their turkey party at school. On Thanksgiving day my dad and I held on to tradition and ran the Manchester Road Race. I haven't run in over 6 months so it was a little painful but still, a beautiful day and a great reason to get some exercise in before chowing down. We headed to the in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner after. A nice day all around.


James and I managed to get away for a kid-free weekend in Burlington, VT with a few of our closest friends. It was a much needed break and really great to spend time together. Burlington is fantastic, too. I actually returned a few weeks later for a GIS conference. That was a nice break, too.

It's been a fun, but busy season. And of course, fall just rolls right into birthday season and Christmas. It's a roller coaster. All you can do is hold on tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment