Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Day in the Life...

Just a typical Tuesday in 100 iPhone photos or less. Get ready, this life is so glam.

5:45 AM. Cece's up. I go get her from her crib. Sniff diaper. She pooed again. Second of the night. Change diaper and bring her into our bed. Nurse and both of us fall back asleep while James' alarms start going off.

He hits the snooze a few times before getting up. Cece and I sleep through most of it. Before I know it he's hovering to say goodbye to all of us. Bye love. Have a happy day at work. Cece, Summit and I all fall asleep again.

7:30 AM - My alarm goes off. I ignore it.

8:10 AM - Crap! I slept in too long. Need to be at work in an hour. Go, go, go! Summit keeps Cece occupied in bed while I get myself dressed.


Good enough. Didn't even brush my hair. Awesome. Also, I need to clean that mirror.

8:15 AM -  Get Cece dressed. Changing table days are limited. She rolls too much. Look at that booty. We pick out daddy's favorite outfit...her "geekling" onesie.

8:25 AM - Summit's turn. Out for a romp, potty and then back in for breakfast. Looks like it's time to mow our grass weeds again.

8:30 AM- Put Cece in the Jumperoo so I can have two hands to get ready for work. Summit keeps her entertained. Lots to do before I can get out of the door. Set up my "hands free" pump system and pump while preparing bottles, diaper bags, work bags, pumping supplies and a lunch for the day.
8:50 AM- Everything and everyone is packed up and ready to make the 30 second trek next door for daycare. We arrive at Mandy's at 8:52. Amazed I got out of the house on time.

9 AM - Swap Cece for my niece Aubrey. Will drop her off at preschool on my way to work.

9:10 - I'm at work! Sit down for a morning of emails and reporting. Annual merit review is tomorrow. Also, I get in my first sip of coffee. Yes.

11:15 AM - Pumping break. Catch up on my celebrity gossip and words with friends.

11:30 AM - Back to work for a bit and then head out for a working walking meeting with colleagues down by the Connecticut River. Love this place.
12:30 - Work, work, work and then another pumping break around 3:30. I didn't take many pictures of the actual work, but I promise it's in there.


4:35 PM - leave work. Pick up Cece at 4:42. We get home to a wild Summit greeting. Can't get her on camera because she moves too fast. Is she that excited to see us or does she just know dinner is coming?

4:45 PM - Speaking of food, I'm starving. I check the fridge and see last night's quinoa leftovers. I enjoy it with some homemade ice tea. Yum. Meanwhile, the kids are rolling around on the floor.

5:15 PM - We head out for a 5 mile run jog. I swear more than half of it is uphill. Lucky for Summit there's a lake a the top of it. We stop for a quick dip.

6:15 PM - We find daddy waiting in the driveway when we get home. Yay! After a quick discussion we decide to have dinner after Cece goes to bed. That means a late, low key meal. James has a few things he needs to do to prepare for his company's open house tomorrow.

6:30 PM - Cece and I go inside and spend a little time on the floor stretching. Summit's out on the deck. Stinky wet dog.


6:45 PM - We wander down to the workshop to see what dad's up to. He is getting grandpa's tractor ready to take to the open house car show tomorrow. Cece gets a ride.
7:00 PM - On our way back up to the house we check out the frog pond and new peach trees. We also stop to water my flowers. Roses are doing awesome!

7:30 - Bath time. Cece loves her bath. Lots of splashing. Lots of cute baby buns. Fun until it's not. Cece's getting cranky, bed time is quickly approaching.
8 PM - Operation fill Cece up is in full effect. She feeds herself from extra milk pumped earlier and then I feed her to top off the tanks. James comes up to say goodnight. We cuddle and she falls alseep while I'm nursing her. Guess it's just one of those nights. She's pooped. Me too.

8:49 PM - Sound asleep before she even hits the sheets.

9 PM - James starts the grill, makes us veggie burgers for dinner. I jump in the shower then wash my pump parts and bottles from a day of feeding. Finally, we sit down together for the first time all day. Cover the basics (how was your day, what did Cece do today, what are we doing this weekend). James needs his shirt ironed for the open house. I make a deal and do it in exchange for him taking the dishes. Done.


10:30 PM - Check on Cece before heading to bed. So tired. Hope she sleeps well tonight. Snap one last picture. James is not pleased to be in it.

2:07 AM - Cece's awake! Not crying. Yet. Aaaand...then she is. I get up and nurse her in the rocker in her room. We both snooze a bit before I call it and put her back in her crib.

2:42 AM - I put her back to bed awake. It takes her about 10 minutes to fall asleep again. No crying though so I'll take it. I head back to bed too.

5:42 AM - Check on Cece. She's still sleeping.

6:30 AM - Up and at 'em! I go and get Cece and we start our morning routine all over again. Love this kid.

5 comments:

  1. Love this. Such a great idea. My favorite pictures are the first and last ones. I also love that you have walking meetings. You have a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I had a few thoughts, and a question.
    1. I had to laugh when you said alarms. Plural. Adam sets about 5 alarms and it drives me crazy.
    2. Gotta love the Otter Box! I have the same one on my new iphone and with my clumsy hands, it is the only reason the phone is still alive.
    3. A walking meeting?! So jealous!
    4. That breast pumping thing looks slightly scary.
    5. Your flowers look gorgeous.
    6. Your kid is really cute.
    7. I still can't believe you run five miles, up hills, with a baby and a dog.
    8. Are you cloth diapering? We definitely want to do that. Hoping it isn't too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa. Glad you enjoyed the post. Makes all the picture taking worth the time. Yes, indeed we are cloth diapering. I personally really enjoy it, it's not much work, saves a ton of money and obviously is better for the environment. I plan on doing a post about it at some point but if you have specific questions, let me know. And yeeeessss, James has like 4 alarms. Drives me crazy too!

      Delete
  3. This was adorable!! Thanks for the insight into your hectic but wonderful days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so look forward to each and every post, but this one takes the cake. You are my amazing daughter and Cece is lucky to have you for her Mom! Love ya my sweet Mama Bear!

    ReplyDelete