Thursday, March 8, 2012

KONY 2012

I saw this link posted by a friend on Facebook this morning and I gave up my morning run to sit in bed and watch this 30 minute video. And oh boy am I glad I did. Please take 30 minutes today or in the next few to watch this. KONY 2012...now that's a campaign I can stand behind!

KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

Addendum: It has been brought to my attention that there has been some criticism aimed at the organization behind the effort to arrest Joseph Kony. Critics question the charity's funding, its targeting of US leaders instead of African leaders to instigate change, and accusations that it is failing to criticize the Ugandan government. As always, when donating to a charity, it is wise to do your homework first, but to me, this campaign is more than raising money, it's about raising awareness. So watch the video and come to your own conclusions. Also, visit the Invisible Children website to read their full disclosure statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment