Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mentionables

Notice how this blog isn't all about home building anymore? I think that means we finally got our life back!

Two things worth mentioning this morning:

1) Today was the first time I woke up in the mood for a run in...oh, I don't know, almost a year! It's also the first time I actually ran since the 2011 Turkey Trot (which at the time happened to be the first time I had run in over 6 months!). So, for a girl who "loves to run" there has been very little actual running happening in the past year. Hopefully this running thing will stick again.


2) Last night I went to see a documentary called Miss Representation with one of my BFFs. The movie was about how today's media have exploited and misrepresented women which in turn has led to the underrepresentation of women in positions of power and influence. It also focuses on how these messages deeply affect girls and young women. The film was really great and a definite must see. I will warn you though, it will stir up a lot of emotion, mostly anger because, yes, the situation really is that bad. Watch the trailer below and visit the website to learn more and find a free screening in your area.




2 comments:

  1. Smart women need to work on making thier voices heard. One strong woman at a time. You go girl. We raised you to be a strong voice. Love ya, Smom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were on the same wavelength with running - this was the start of my come back as well! I'm all signed up to run Fairfield Half Marathon June 23 - Nicole and Beth too, you should join us!

    ReplyDelete