Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gratitude

I realize this is about two weeks late. Everything seems to be two weeks behind schedule these days but even my type A personality has learned to adjust. So really, what's two weeks, right?

This post is about gratitude. A few months ago, I visited a yoga studio with one of my dear friends. After just a few classes, I was hooked. Being one of those "crazy runners" for almost my whole life made it easy to laugh off yoga as merely a "silly stretching exercise". I went to that first class thinking it would be a breeze and left with shaking limbs and a completely humbled heart. Because this is what yoga does for you. Yes, with enough practice you will get incredibly toned and "stretchy", but yoga also gives you so much more than that. It opens you. Opens your heart, your mind, your spirit. It provides a still moment in a life filled with busyness and stress. And in that still moment you are reminded of all that is perfect in this world, perfect in your world. It reminds me of all that I am eternally grateful for.

Our family, friends and co-workers. You all surround us with love, encouragement and understanding. There aren't words to describe what you do for us. We love you all so very much.

Our health. Our bodies are strong and our health in good standing. Nothing is more important.

Our home. Warm and inviting, it will be a place to gather loved ones and grow a family.

Our love. It's gotten us through the most challenging and rewarding year of our lives and it continues to grow stronger every day.

James and I recognize that we are very fortunate to be able to live the lives we do. We have worked hard to get where we are and have wonderful things in our lives, but without the support and love of our family and friends and the strong bond of love that joins us together, we know we wouldn't be where we are today. It is in the quiet, still moments at the end of a fulfilling yoga class, when I can put aside all the busyness of my day and forget about the insignificant bits of life, that I am reminded of this gratitude and come to the full realization of just what a lucky girl I am. It gets me every time. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh, sounds like just what i need! one day i will get back to bikram yoga...some day...

    ReplyDelete