Monday, December 19, 2011

Floors Galore!

There have been a lot of things going on at the house in the past few weeks and I'm behind on blogging. I'm behind on life to be honest with you. Is it really Christmas time? It feels like we just celebrated the Fourth of July. Seriously. Lately, James and I have been feeling a little worn thin. It's understandable considering where we are and what we've been up to for the past nine months, but I'm pretty sure we're about at our breaking point. Although, I think I said that last week and we didn't break so we'll see what's in store for us this week and next. Anyway, my intention was not to complain to you but rather to show you some of our finished floor.


Laundry room tile work

After our tile trial in the upstairs half bath and laundry room, we felt we were ready to tackle the downstairs. With the help of a few friends, we were able to tile the entire space in just a few days. It turned out great. I wish I had better "finished" pictures, but I kept forgetting my camera and now the pretty tile is covered with paper so I can't show you better pictures until moving day.



We also had our upstairs oak floor stained. We decided to go with a pretty dark stain. It turned out beautiful and we both really love it. What I don't love so much is the footprints, dust and dog hair that show easily on it. But that's why we got a good central vacuum cleaner and James promises he'll help with the daily (ha) cleanup. Too bad it's also not Summit proof. But we found a solution for that, at least for now...


Summit and her scratch proof booties...we'll see how long that lasts!


James and the Giant Vacuum. We'll see how long that lasts!

4 comments:

  1. First, I can't believe how awesome the house looks on the inside now!! I LOVE the dark floors! And I know you'd want to shoot me if I said this to you in person but... and how fast it's coming along! Easy for me to say since I just see the updates and pics and have not been doing any of the manual labor for the past year! Second,
    I can NOT stop laughing at Summit! That is awesome! haha I hope it continues to work b/c I know what our "crappy, need to be re-done" floors look like thanks to my two beasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floors all look absolutely beautiful! And I love Summit's booties. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summit is such a fancy dog sporting "house shoes." I love fancy dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. On the one hand, I want to say poor Summit in those shoes! On the other hand, what a brilliant solution. Also, I'm in love with the floors and walls and really everything! I've been becoming more and more jealous of the homebuilding process all year! Keep persevering and sharing the stories!

    ReplyDelete