Sunday, March 6, 2011

Handmade by Eva

A few months ago, a fun and creative activity made waves on Facebook. It was sort of a pay-it-forward DIY challenge. The premise went something like this: some crafty-minded (or not) friend posted a message to their status page saying, "I promise to send something handmade to the first five people who leave a comment here. They must in turn, post this and send something they make to the first five people who comment on their status." The rule of thumb is that whatever you send must be handmade by you and sent to the five friends within the year. Those five friends each get something special made by you and in turn had to post the message on their Facebook and make five goodies for whoever comments on their post. And so on. I'm no fan of chain mail, but this idea is cool, right?

Well, it turns out my running buddy, Eva, who commented on MY post (meaning according to the rules, I have to make HER something) actually decided to turn around and send ME something. What a surprise! Check out the awesomeness she knitted me - two head and neck gaiters. Perfect timing too because we had a few coooold days this week. Thanks, Eva! I love them, now I have to come up with something equally amazing to send back to you!





PS - currently only four friends have commented on my FB status...if you want to participate in this fun challenge, hurry and become the fifth! Find me here.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I still need to post it on my FB page, I just don't know what I would make yet!
    I love, love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete