Friday, March 25, 2011

A Day at the Beach

This week I was lucky enough to travel to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the Coastal GeoTools Conference. I was there to lead a workshop and present some work I've been doing for Connecticut's shellfish commissions.


Something wrong with this picture? I think it might be all the middle aged white males in dress shirts...where all the ladies at?!


I'd never been to Myrtle Beach before so it was fun to explore a new place and the weather was beautiful, especially because it was snowing in CT this week. The conference hotel was located right on the beach and I had a great view of the water from my room. The sunrises were probably my most favorite part of the week, though Alligator Adventure wasn't far behind. The conference itself wasn't too bad either. =)

3 comments:

  1. I should have met you in Myrtle Beach..ha ha!
    You're such an amazing lady Cary! Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diddo to Amanda's "You're such an amazing lady" Love Smom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sunset photos! Love them! And, I'm jealous you had some time in warm weather!

    ReplyDelete