Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crazy Dog, Green Life

Lately, Summit has been lobbying to change our blog name. Let me explain. First, about a week and a half ago, our family suffered through three horrible days of the stomach flu. James was puking, I was puking, and yes, even Summit was puking. It was really awesome. Turns out Summit was puking because she had been sneaking into the ash bucket that we keep near the wood stove during the day when we were at work and eating ashes. Seriously. I have no idea why she thought that would be a good idea, but apparently, ash tastes good to our dog. It also wrecks havoc on stomachs and digestive systems. Needless to say, the bucket is no longer in our house.


that's a guilty face if I've ever seen one...

Fast forward to this morning. James comes out of the bathroom after his shower and asks me if I have been confiscating all of the bars of soap he's been opening this week. Three in all. Gone within a week. Of course, I said no. At the exact moment, it dawns on us and we lock eyes on Summit. Turns out she's been sneaking into our bathtub during the day to eat bars of soap! Seriously. I wish I was joking but no, this is just our dog. Now I know what you're thinking, she's just got to be hungry, right? But no. In fact, she probably eats better than we do with her organic all-natural delivered-to-our-door dog food. If anything, she's packed on the pudge this winter. I think that's the real problem, this is her way of telling us she's ready for spring and tired of being cooped up in the house. She may be crazy, but she's right...we're all looking forward to the warm days ahead of us and big projects right around the corner! Get ready, it's just about house-building time!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys of living with Labs -- the dog version of a garbage disposal! :)

    ReplyDelete