Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday James!

Today is James' 27th Birthday. Here are 27 things you might not know about him:

1. James is younger than me, but for one month every year we get to be the same age.
2. James is a quiet guy, until you get to know him that is!
3. His hands are always dirty. Permanently dirty, even after a good scrubbing.
4. His favorite breakfast food is pancakes.
5. James fully restored his '79 CJ7 (Jeep) - while he was still in high school.
6. He has too many projects. Sometimes we argue about this.
7. He loves sushi. Sometimes we argue about this too.
8. James is a Type I diabetic.
9. He is extremely motivated and goal oriented. When he puts his mind to it, it gets done.
10. James doesn't really like watching movies because he feels like there are "so many things he could be doing" during the two hours it takes to sit through a movie.
11. James can be very impatient.
12. James can fix anything. I mean anything!
13. He talks in his sleep.
14. And needs four alarms to get up in the morning.
15. James is self-taught but has worked his way up to a job that generally requires two college degrees.
16. He has almost as many shoes as I do.
17. James started his own business (Black Magic Bikes) when he was 18.
18. He has a temper (you wouldn't think so, would you?).
19. James' favorite TV shows are Modern Marvels, Meerkat Manor and Myth Busters.
20. He will wash but won't fold laundry (let's just say his idea of folding is something else all together).
21. James is an excellent cook. My favorite is his Eggplant Parmesan.
22. He is a terrible speller. Just terrable.
23. James can play the guitar and the piano.
24. He went to trade school to be an electrician. He decided he hated electrical work, but his skills still come in handy all the time!
25. He has won trophies in downhill mountain bike races - and quit because I asked him to, it's just too dangerous!
26. James is extremely generous. He'll do just about anything for anyone.
27. James is the best husband anyone could ask for! I love you honeybabe, Happy Birthday!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to James! I loved reading about him. Makes me feel like I know him even though we've never met. Also, it's nice to know that my husband isn't the only one whose hands are permanently dirty. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea, Ash - I borrowed it from your blog about Nate's birthday a few weeks back! I think our hubs would get along great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, James!!

    What a great post, Cary!

    ReplyDelete