Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homecoming

In my last post, I mentioned I was coming home from my trip to a big surprise. That big surprise came in the form of family. My older brother Curt, his wife Mandy and their two kiddos, Andrew and baby Aubrey live in Texas and we only get to see them a few times a year. We hadn't even met our six week old niece, Aubrey yet. But when I got home from Hilton Head, they were here in CT. That's a surprise in itself, but the BIG surprise was that this time it wasn't just for a short visit - they're moving here! Curt flies for Delta Airlines and has recently been promoted to Captain. With that also came a change of hubs- he'll now be based out of D.C. rather than Atlanta. In order to make the commute easier on the family, they'll be staying in CT for a time and then eventually moving to the D.C. area. So it's just a temporary move, but still, to have him and his family around for a least a couple months is exciting. Curt moved out of state when he started college in 1998 and hasn't been home (for more than a visit) since, so this is very exciting for the Chadwick family. And when they do move for good, Curt and Mandy will be in the D.C. area, so more frequent visits will definitely be a reality.


Curt, Andrew, Mandy and Jax

So yippie for family, yippie for meeting our new niece Aubrey for the first time, and yippie for Summit's two new playmates - Andrew and Jax, Curt and Mandy's German Shepard.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Cary! I got a few tears in eyes reading this! We are so glad to be here and look forward to spending time with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay! I am so excited for you all! I know how hard it is having sibs live so far away. You are such a cute aunt Cary!

    ReplyDelete