Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Recap

We had a wonderful, if not busy Christmas. First, let me back up to Christmas Eve. It turned out that we had just enough time to squeak in our move before Christmas (yes! I totally won the bet!). After weeks and weeks of working on the first floor apartment while living out of the second floor apartment (more on that later), we were finally ready to move on Christmas Eve. James and I both had the day off from work and my parents helped. It took the better part of the day, but by evening, we were in. Even the tree and stockings were ready for their new home.



That night, we went next door to the Higganum Congregational Church to hear my mom sing in the Christmas Eve Choir and then we headed home for our first night in new surroundings.

Christmas morning we woke up and made breakfast and opened presents. Summit loves opening presents. She knows they aren't all for her, but feels responsible for opening them all anyway. Summit got some goodies including rawhide, a new ball from Planet Dog and homemade biscuits. James got a new TV and I got hubcaps for my snow tires (yay!) and what I've been swooning over for awhile...a Kindle! We all definitely were more than spoiled this year.




After breakfast we stopped to see my great aunt Barbara at her assisted living complex then headed over to the Pulaski's. We visited with James' parents and his sister's family.


James and Ava and me and Alisa

After opening gifts we moved on to stop number three, the Chadwick's. My parents had a few friends over for dinner. We ate, sang, talked with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew over the phone and of course, opened more gifts.


Bronco and Brian singing for us before Christmas dinner

It was a great day and at the end of it, we came home to our new digs feeling full of food and love. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment