Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I heart handmade

I love all things handmade. If you've ever checked out "Our Reading List" on the sidebar, you might have noticed that well, I LOVE ALL THINGS HANDMADE! Even the ugly, crooked, poorly sewn, miss-matched masterpieces. I've personally made plenty of things that fit well within all of those categories, however each is a unique piece of art and even if they are ugly, I made them with my own two hands and that's something special. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather give and receive a home made card for Valentines day than one from Hallmark.



Lucky for me, I have friends that share my love for arts and crafts. And what's more, they are amazing crafters! There's nothing better than sharing an afternoon with a girlfriend chatting about life and making handmade masterpieces together. And lucky me, they are excellent gifters too! Check out these presents!

I came home from work last week to a package on our doorstep and this amazing piece of artwork inside. My good friend, Kate knit us this blanket for us for our wedding present. How awesome is it?!? And sooooo us (okay, so me, haha). Thanks Kate (and Brett), it is simply amazing and completes my little reading nook. Love it!!!


oh my! that's all hand knit!!


I love my book nook!

Last Monday I had a crafting date with another wonderful friend, Nicole. I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but she surprised me with this amazingly cute "vintage" bag that she made. It's my new favorite! Thanks Nic!!!


I love the print (how could you not?!) and the retro design!



Can you believe how talented these ladies are? Lucky me. Thank you both for inspiring me and showering me with your handmade goodies! I hope I can come up with something as creative to return the love.

2 comments:

  1. You are a lucky girl, and you have great, amazingly talented friends! If Ryan and I ever get married, you might want to pass that along...I LOVE that blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! :-)
    I told you I saw the fabric and thought of you immediately!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the knit blanket! If I knew I was capable of ever making something so nice I may re-try my hand in knitting. I think it would just be a disaster though! haha

    ReplyDelete