Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Day Away

Thank goodness for girlfriends! On Saturday I spent the day with a good friend of mine from grad school, Nicole. We drove up to Massachusetts and set out to do a day hike of Mount Greylock, the tallest peak in the state. Greylock is also located along the Appalachian Trail. Two summers ago, Nicole and I hiked the entire AT through the state of Connecticut. It took us five days to hike the 56 mile trail. Our long term goal is to tackle small pieces of the trail as it heads northward through MA, VT, NH and ME. We'll see how that pans out in the future, but for now we'll take what we can get. Here are some pictures from our hike. It was a beautiful day and exactly the get away I needed in order to refresh and refuel my wedding planning mojo. Thanks for an awesome day Nicole!


Pictures from our July 2007 Appalachian Trail Hike










2 comments:

  1. I love how I randomly tripped over your blog on the internet and now I'm hooked! Hiking is amazing! I live in Miami, Fl and I hike the Everglades all the time. There is so much wildlife! did you encounter any wildlife while on your hike?
    again, Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aneysi! You're right, hiking is a wonderful thing, the feeling that comes over you when you're that close to nature never ceases to amaze me. We do have a lot of wildlife here in New England, though I would imagine our critters are much different than yours in FL. On our hike this weekend we didn't have any unusal encounters, though had we started earlier in the day or ended around dusk we might have had a chance encounter with any number of fascinating animals - white tail deer to be sure, fox, coyote and perhaps even my personal love, black bear. Thanks for asking about it and keep up your Everglade adventures!

    ReplyDelete