Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sullivan at Two Months

Two months! I feel like the 'newborn' phase lasted so much longer with Cecelia than these past eight weeks have been with Sullivan. I'm sure most of that feeling can be attributed to the fact that it's just our second go at it and also, well, Sully is just one chill dude. Let's hope he stays that way because I feel like we hit the jackpot with this kid. Yahoo.

At two months, Sully is:
- 12 pounds and 23 inches long. 50th percentile.
- Sleeps like a dream. Falls asleep for the night around 9 PM, sleeps until 2:30-3 AM. Nurses for 5-10 minutes then falls right back to sleep. Typically he wakes up again around 6 AM. Nurses for 5-10 minutes then falls back asleep until Cece wakes everyone up around 7-7:30. Often he'll nurse and then sleep again while we eat breakfast and get ready for our day.
- Is smiling and cooing up a storm. He's a happy little man.
- Holds his head up so well that we have already pulled out the Jumperoo, aka "Circle of Neglect"
- Has a bit of baby acne. Cece did too at this stage.
- Has bright blue eyes and fuzzy light brown hair.
- Is starting to get baby rolls (yay!) and looks more and more like Cece every day!
The only time Sullivan is unhappy is when his tummy is bothering him. After paying closer attention to his needs and reactions over the past few weeks, we realized is tummy bothers him for two specific reasons: first, if he needs to poop, and second, if I've had too much (any) dairy in my diet. **Sigh** After dealing with sudden crying fits, witnessing him writhing in pain and the saddest of sad looks after most feedings, I decided to try cutting dairy to see if it helped. We experienced a similar situation with Cece starting when she was about 6 weeks old and diagnosed with acid reflux. I cut dairy out of my diet and it definitely helped. It's only been 6 days but I've seen a huge difference in Sully. He's so much happier after feedings and shows no more signs of being in significant pain. It's a bit of a headache for me to read food labels and worry about what I'm eating all the time (PS dairy is in EVERYTHING!) but I'm happy to do it if it's going to help my little guy. Plus, it can only help me loose the rest of the baby weight, right?

Happy two month birthday, little guy. Love you and that perfect little face!

PS - Cece's two month update. Don't they look alike?

1 comment:

  1. No doubt about it- they are definitely siblings! I feel like my kids look so different. I can't imagine what our new one will look like (although I feel like its ultrasound pic looks more like Warren's than Bradford's).

    ReplyDelete