Sunday, October 26, 2014

Baby #2: 37 Week Bump - Full Term!

Ding, ding! This bun is fully cooked. Or so they say. Considering Cece was almost a week late, I could be looking at four more weeks instead of three (or less) so I'm not getting my hopes up. In fact, given the amount of work that still needs to be done at home and at the office, he better not come any time soon. Regardless, it's nice to know that if something were to happen, he's ready to join us in the big wide world.

Speaking of big and wide...I'm huge. And apparently so is this baby. Because the babe was in the 91st percentile for size at my 34 week growth scan, my docs want to do another scan next week. If he's still measuring that big, well I fear they might be less keen to let me go past my due date. I do NOT want to be induced and I certainly don't want to entertain any ideas of a c-section so this is not great news. Still, I keep reminding myself (and the docs!) that the margin of error for these scans is big and this kid isn't going to be a 10lb-er but hopefully more like a 7-8lb baby. Fingers crossed.

Clearly, I do look bigger than I did at this stage with Cece. Truth is I haven't gained more weight, I think its just that this kid is really sitting out front while my Cece bump was wider. Still, I have no doubt he'll be bigger than Cece.

Things are so, so different this time around. Many of my complaints are the same (tiredness, sleepless nights, back aches, heartburn) but the difference is I have no time to dwell on them or do anything about it. Some days I pay for it too. I can tell when I've overdone things becuase I'll be so achy by the end of the day and more recently have even had a few minor contractions and cramps. All reminders that this kid is coming whether we're ready for him or not!


Speaking of ready, we finally got the baby stuff down from the attic this week and washed and folded baby clothes. It's amazing how little they are. When lugging around a 25 pound toddler, you forget such things. We have a few more things to do before I feel like we are actually prepared for his arrival, but at least we are making progress.

1 comment:

  1. Even if things don't go according to plan, and you end up with an induction or c-section, you still get a cute baby to hold at the end of day. Just remember that. And big babies are awesome too. But here's hoping everything about his delivery goes smoothly.

    Isn't it so funny how less "obsessed" you are with your pregnancy the second time around? Having a real kid to look after and chase around is quite different from the first-time pregnancy where all you do is think about being pregnant and imagine labor and think about the baby to be. With second/third/whatever pregnancies, it's like, "Who has time to think about being pregnant when there is a toddler on the loose!"

    Any luck on baby names yet? We haven't made any progress. I brought it up last night, and Jeremy and I were both like, "Eh, I got nothing." This baby will be named possibly days (years?) after it is born.

    ReplyDelete