Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back to the Grind

Hard to believe it, but the day has come. My maternity leave is over and I'm heading back to work today. I knew it would happen this way but the last 11 weeks literally flew by! I'm sad today but feel super fortunate that Cece will be in good hands. My sister-in-law and my mom will be watching her during the week and I will be working 4 days a week instead of 5. It's tough but it could be tougher. I know she'll be in good hands and has lots of cousin fun ahead of her.
Cousins!

3 comments:

  1. So nice that your family is able to watch her! Adam and I have been thinking about how that would work when we have kids. Did you have to cut your hours back at work, or are you doing longer days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa. Yes, we are very lucky to have family watching Cece. I've cut back my hours at work, at least for now to 80% so I'll have Monday's off to get stuff done and spend a little extra time with the babe. Kids definitely shake things up, your time and schedule kind of go out the window, but it's so, so worth it if you're ready!

      Delete
  2. That's great Cary! We're almost ready. It's tough because I know life will be drastically different and there's no going back! I think of all the big hiking trips and such that we still want to do and get nervous about not having that time to ourselves that we are used to. But at the same time, we want a couple of kids and I'll be 33 in a few days! Can't believe how fast time goes by! :)

    ReplyDelete