Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In My Dreams

It's nice to dream, isn't it? Especially when you're dreaming about things you love, like interior design. Well, I love it anyway, and with a new home in our future, it means we will have a lot of decisions to make about what we want the inside of our abode to look like. I spend a lot of time on some of my favorite websites (Design*Sponge, Desire to Inspire, Decor Pad, Apartment Therapy) looking for inspiration. When I say a lot of time, I mean it could be hours and hours and hours if James didn't cut me off. It's like candy for me. Mmmmm, I love a funky sofa or a bright happy kitchen. Just love it. I am prepared to rein in my enthusiasm when it comes time to actually furnish the new pad, because yes, I am aware that some of these looks come at a pretty penny. The challenge is going to be hunting through thrift stores, garage sales and discount furniture stores to find a way to get the look for less. But for now, it's just fun to dream. Here are some of my recent loves. I'll be sharing more as we finalize plans for our kitchen, baths, bedrooms, and more.


James and I are loving the white kitchen trend. I do realize it's not as practical, but oh, how bright and pretty these two examples are.


Love, love, love this cozy dining nook and that table on the right takes my breath away.


I'm loving the wallpaper on the left and bright colors in these two living rooms. Also the accent tables on the right are divine.


The bed frame on the left is just stunning. Stunning! I like the colors on the right, not sure James would go for the purple, but maybe it could work in the guest room.


Loving the rustic look of the bath on the left and the vessel sink. The green bath in the middle is modern, colorful and fresh and I'm giddy about the eggshell tub on the right. mmm, I often wake up drooling, this must be why.


As you probably noticed, my aesthetic trends towards bright, white, airy, clean, modern design. In order for that not to get too bland or institutional, punches of bright colors, patterns and textures are a must. I'm loving the bold colors here, especially the pink dresser. yum.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures you showed. It will be hard to make up your mind. I too love the bright, airy designs. Can't wait to see what you and James come up with!

    ReplyDelete