Friday, October 2, 2009

Our Fall Fixes

Fall is here! There's just no place on earth like autumn in New England. It's both mine and James' favorite season. Dry, crisp air, blazing fall foliage and of course, the start of fair season. Last weekend we ventured over to the Durham Fair. I've been going to this fair since I was a little kid. I used to enter my "My Little Pony" collection as a youth exhibit - as you can imagine it was quite a collection - and one year I even convinced my parents to buy me a black and white floppy-eared rabbit (who we named Roger) at the fair. Ahhh, the memories. So we bundled up and braved the crowds for a night full of tractor pulls, fried food, handicrafts and lots of furry farm animals. Can you guess what was my favorite part???




















Yum! Chocolate covered banana!


After that, it was definitely time to call it a night...we were ALL pooped out!

Just in case the fair wasn't enough to get our fall fix, we also made a trip to one of our favorite orchards for some apple picking. Three bags of apples, a few hours and a very messy kitchen later, we had ourselves some fresh apple pie! I just love fall!



mmm...warm apple pie!

4 comments:

  1. The fair looks like so much fun and that apple pie looks delicious! Fall is my favorite season too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! Especially the one with the cows behinds:)

    And I swear I can smell that apple pie through my computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were planning on going to the Durham fair too, but we were planning to go on Sunday which was a wash out! So bummed I missed it! I needed a farm animal fix too since we missed that entire building at the Big E! LOVE the piglets!! And the apple pie looks delish!! I think I may have to try to make one myself - Dave would be so happy! You'll have to send me the recipe!

    ReplyDelete