Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer 2016 - Part One

We are half way through the summer already (how?). No time to write much (ever) but I wanted to throw up a few photos to summarize what we've been up to. Stay tuned for part two. Based on my history, it will be up in time for Christmas. =)

James and I kicked off the summer by spending Memorial Day weekend on Block Island (kid free!) with our good friends, Kris and Gina. It was amazing. So nice to get away, even for a night or two.

We've already had many fun days at Nana and Grandpa's lake house. Grandpa got a motor boat so that's been a source of great joy for everyone, especially the kids...especially Sully.
 
 
 
 
 

I went to California for a GIS (work) conference in San Diego. This is the same conference I went to two years ago and wound up spending 4 nights in a hospital with kidney stones (while 6 months pregnant with Sully). Fortunately, I didn't get another kidney stone on this trip...well, not until a few days AFTER I got home. But this time it was much, much smaller and more manageable. And also, I'm not pregnant (hallelujah!). But, still...what is in your water, California?!
 
 
 
 

While I was in San Diego, I finally followed through with a want of mine. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for a very long time. And so. I did it (not without a lot of planning and forethought, despite what some family members may think!). Behold, my "mama bear". I love her. The kids do, too. James is coming around.

The tattoo caused some minor marital strife but it was short lived. Later that same week James decided to test the waters with his own risky behavior and bought himself a 1970's "road buggy". Tit for tat, I guess. Literally. The kids agree though, at least for now, that their parents are pretty cool.

We spent the Fourth of July weekend at the Lake House with lots of friends and family. Also, DIY fireworks, always fun.

We spent last weekend on the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound on James' boat. It was a beautiful day for boating.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

In in between there have been parades, birthday parties, family hikes, play dates, swimming, and summer fun. Next up, we'll be vacationing in Maine and then upstate NY for Labor Day weekend. More fun to come!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment