Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Summer's End

And so here we are...the first day of fall. It's a glorious late September day too. Cool crisp morning, bright sunny afternoon, peaceful, breezy evening. Honestly, I think September is perhaps my most favorite month of the year. Partly because of the promise of October closing in on it. Early fall is just spectacular here in New England.

We had a great summer. It's been busy, hence the lack of blogging. My kids don't sleep either so that doesn't help. But everyone is healthy and (mostly) happy despite the lack of lasting sleep. Cecelia is getting so big. She's one feisty toddler, that one. Strong willed only begins to describe her. She's really come into her own and she's not afraid to let you know how independent she is. Man, I love her. That girl.

And Sully. Oh, my goodness, this boy. He is the very definition of love. A cherub. Truly. There isn't a sole who doesn't fall madly in love with this little boy from the minute they meet him. He is such a charmer. And his hair is red. Oh my, his hair is red. He steals my sleep but he has my heart. 

James aka Daddio. He's been working so hard this year. He was promoted to a new position at work and he's been doing so well. I don't say it enough but I'm so proud of him. I'm so proud of us and our little family we've built. This summer was good. No, this summer was great. Here are a few late summer moments.

Camping. We took Rhode Island by storm on Labor Day weekend and then Rhode Island sent us (ok, just James and a very sad, crying Cece) packing. Cece had a hard time sleeping in the camper (that's putting it lightly) so James drove her home and brought her back the next day so we could all go to the beach. Ahhh, memories. 
 

The Beach. These pictures were from the same weekend. Cece has really taken to the water at Nana and Grandpa's lakehouse, but she wasn't all that interested in the ocean and waves on the shore. She and Sully loved the sand though. Sully ate a fair amount of it, that's for sure. 

The Boat. We managed to get out on the boat a few times this year. Even once without kids (!). These were taken on a trip across the Sound to Long Island. What a beautiful day!
 

Family and Friends. We had plenty of time to play with friends and family this summer. Below are pictures of some of Cece's preschool friends at a birthday party and parades as well as our town's annual firework show. Plus cousin pics. I know I've said it before but living next to my brother's family is the best. Our kids are so lucky to grow up together. They don't know how good they have it!








Hurray for another wonderful summer and welcome fall. Apple picking and fair season is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment