Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Mom Bod

Guys. Having two babies does a number to your body. It's all worth it, don't get me wrong. It's amazing just to think about what your body can do. I mean growing and feeding another human?! That is mind-blowingly amazing. It's also mind-blowingly hard on your body. And more often than not, new moms don't make any time for themselves and as a result, the state of their body and spirit, inside and out, suffers. Mine certainly has.

I know it's a little late for resolutions, but here's mine: get healthy in 2015. And there's more...help others get healthy in 2015. How? Beachbody that's how! A month ago I had never heard of Beachbody. If I thought about it, I probably could tell you that I was familiar with some of the fitness programs associated with Beachbody (P90X, Insanity) but I had no idea those programs were associated with a larger company. Then a friend of mine started posting on Facebook about how she was a "coach" and was looking to help motivate others to improve their health and fitness. I was intrigued because she promised short 25-30 minute workouts and went on and on about the benefits of drinking the super drink Shakeology once a day to improve energy, help lose extra weight and provide your body with beneficial nutrition. So I signed on. That was two weeks ago. Since then I started a new workout routine (PiYO) that takes only 20-30 minutes a day and I've been drinking Shakeology. You guys, I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks and I feel great! And can I just tell you, Shakeology literally tastes like one giant treat. It comes in several flavors (that I haven't tried yet) but the chocolate vegan with almond milk and a banana is to die for.
Lots of room for improvement!
I've been so impressed that I have decided to become a coach myself! If I can help others get out of their rut, change their fitness routine and change their lives right along side me, then why not? After years and years of slogging through long runs and lonely workouts by myself, I'm learning that group fitness is where it's at. Let's motivate each other, help each other through tough days and cheer for each other when the results start piling up. I'm so excited about this that I started another blog called The Mom Bod. I'll be writing about my progress there and hopefully connecting with others who might want to take the journey with me. I hope you check it out. And if you're interested in learning more about the Beachbody business or any of their fitness programs or challenges, or if you just want to check out Shakeology for yourself, click on that link or please let me know! You can start by checking out my Beachbody website or email me directly. I'm so excited to see where this takes me. Hope you come along, too!

http://mommybabybody.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment