Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baby #2: First Trimester Bump Update

I'm currently in my 14th week of pregnancy and happily into the second trimester. So thankful to be clear of the first. I forgot how horrible it is. All in all, my second go at this was much like my first. I had many of the same symptoms (nausea, exhaustion, loss of appetite, tummy distress, lots of peeing) except this time instead of being able to take a relaxing nap on the couch when I needed to, I've been constantly on my feet chasing a very busy toddler around the house. My environment much, much different this time around. Not that I'm complaining. =) I hardly know what week of pregnancy we're on this time. With Cece, I probably could have told you the week, day and hour. I've also been terrible about taking bump pictures. As in, there are no real bump pictures except for these crappy ones I took on my phone in the mirror. Sorry Barnacle (that's it's name for now). Second kid syndrome. I was a second kid, too. I know how you feel. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up and at least provide bump pictures every few weeks from now on.

So far the only differences between Cece's pregnancy and baby #2 is that I went through a few weeks early on where I just couldn't eat at all. It was a struggle even to smell food. I had a hard time with food early on with Cece but I could still eat it. This time I lost 5 pounds between weeks 6-9. No worries though, I've gained it all back. Around week 10 life got easier and my appetite resurfaced.  In fact, it's really starting to rev up. Another pretty big difference is the type of food I'm craving. With Cece I craved fresh, cold fruit. That's still the same, though maybe not quite as strong. The big difference this time is that I could turn my nose up to almost any dessert or sweet, but if you put something salty in front of me, I'll devour it. Potato chips and pickles. Mmmmm. I definitely fit the pregnant woman stereotype.

Finally, the last major difference between my first and second pregnancy is that my baby bump has made an appearance much sooner. I hear this is pretty typical. Interestingly I started at exactly the same weight with both pregnancies (ya for loosing the baby weight) and haven't gained any more this time around than I did in the first trimester with Cece but the bump is waaaay bigger. I'd say my 14 week Barnacle bump rivals my 18 week Cece bump. Hopefully it all evens out. I gained almost 45 (!) pounds with Cece and I'm hoping nature doesn't do that again with #2. Not going to stress about it though. What will be, will be.

Baby Barnacle Bump - 6 Weeks {Cece bump at 6 weeks}


 Baby Barnacle Bump - 12 Weeks {Cece bump at 12 weeks}

Baby Barnacle Bump - 14 Weeks {Cece bump at 14 Weeks}
 

So there you go. Hi happy little Barnacle. Can't wait to meet you in November!





2 comments:

  1. You look amazing Cary!! Since Im still flabby from Logan I'm super envious of your post baby/new baby bod!! Congrats on the barnacle, its adorable already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to find out the gender again or go for the delivery room surprise? As someone who's done both, I recommend the surprise! So glad Baby Barnacle is growing well and healthy!

    ReplyDelete