Saturday, September 14, 2013

Family Camping

James and I used to do this kind of camping. Safe to say those days may be behind us, at least for awhile. Instead, we took Cece on her first Chadwick family camping trip. We packed up the tents and the pop-up and headed to the Rhode Island shore. We spent the day at the beach and followed it up with a good old New England clam bake and s'mores around the fire. It all went smoothly until it was time to go to bed. Cece has been sleeping 12 glorious hours through the night at home, but apparently that doesn't translate to sleeping through the night in a tent with mom and dad. So, that was a bit of a challenge but we made it through the night and were still full of smiles the next morning. Maybe next time we'll bring Summit and she and Cece can share their own tent.


I think it's safe to say corn on the cob is Cece's new favorite food. She could have chewed on that cob for hours if we let her. Cousin Zach too.


1 comment:

  1. Cece is so incredibly adorable! I think she gets cuter every time I see a picture of her.
    I'm not a big fan of camping in the first place, so when we add babies to the mix....yeah, not my favorite. I like being outdoors, but the lack of sleep just makes me grumpy. =)

    ReplyDelete