Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Boston Marathon

Yesterday morning Cece and I watched the elite men and women run the Boston Marathon. I told her about how hard professional athletes train to run these kind of races and I told her maybe someday we'll train to run a marathon together (Cece the Marathon Runner?). We watched the end of the professional races and saw the beginning of the "civilian" race. Thousands of runners taking off for their 26.2 mile journey from the Boston suburbs to the heart of the city towards the finish. Such an awesome and life changing thing. But by the time we returned from our walk an hour or so later, reports of bombings at the finish line were all over the news. It's so sad that someone or a small group of people decided to turn such a happy, hopeful event into such a tragedy. What a shame. I'm wearing my running shoes to work today (you can't miss them!) and planning on taking Cece and Summit out for a jog this evening because I'm not sure what else to do. Running heals hurting hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment