Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chloe Chadwick 2002-2009

Yesterday, my cat Chloe had to be put down. Well, she was kind of my cat. I originally got her for my dad and gave her to him as a father's day present in 2002. The present was really for me though because I wanted a cat. He wasn't as excited about her as I had hoped for though. Still, she was his cat. A year later, for Christmas, my dad presented me with an animal carrier with a bow on it. I was so excited, I thought I was getting a puppy. Inside I found poor Chloe. He re-gifted her and gave her back to me. So then she became my cat and we all lived in harmony under one roof for a few years.


Christmas 2003...that's Chloe making a run for it from the kitty carrier

The next year I met James, we fell in love (blah, blah blah) and eventually moved in together and got Summit. Chloe stayed behind with my parents and was once again Dad's cat.


Chloe Chadwick, 2002-2009

Recently Chloe has not been eating well. Then our vet discovered cancerous tumors in her digestive tract. After getting a second opinion at another doctor's office, my dad had to make the very difficult decision to put her down. There wasn't anything they could do for her and she was getting very sick. I'm sure it was a really hard decision and even though he won't admit it, my dad loved that cat. Thank you Chloe for being a good cat, even though you weren't really a nice cat. You will be missed.

4 comments:

  1. This is sad, Cary. I'm sorry!

    RIP Chloe...now you and Charley can be friends in cat heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I had NO idea you ever had a cat! I love her markings! Poor Chloe! Although I did laugh that your dad re-gifted her back to you! And about being a good cat but not really a nice cat! You're too much!

    ReplyDelete