Sunday, September 20, 2009

We're Back!

We're back from our honeymoon in Ecuador. And, of course, back to reality too. It's been hard coming down from our South American high. Our trip was simply amazing. Too difficult to convey the awesomeness of the Galapagos in words alone, so here are a few pictures and video for you. I have big plans to put together a website with a day-by-day recap (really, do you expect any less, haha) but it will take another week or two. I'll be sure to post about it when I'm done. Also, for those interested, more wedding pictures and project recaps are coming as well. Stay tuned!




Sea kayaking in front of one of our hotels and getting ready to snorkel with sea turtles!


Believe it or not, that's a LITTLE tortoise!


This guy's five times older than me and he weights fives times what I do! Do you see ET in that face?


Galapagos Marine Iguana (he's HUGE) and blue footed boobies. Both only found in the Galapagos.


swimming with a sea turtle


snorkeling with playful sea lions

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! I'm sure that barely touches the surface of how awesome your trip was! I can't wait to hear allll about it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the videos! SO jealous of your videos swimming with the turtle and sea lions!! Although I may have been a bit intimidated by the sea lions! Or more likely really freakin scared! haha I'm sure it's rough being back...good thing you have Summit to come home to, that helps! Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW! Your trip looked AMAZING!! I can't wait to hear more about it! I have to agree with the previous poster about the sea lions -- I saw the teeth on those things! Also, I really love Cary's self videoing...nice touch, chica!

    Welcome home, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think the sea lions are scary, wait until you see the video of us swimming with the marine iguanas - they are scary, especially with their giant talons!!

    ReplyDelete