Saturday, May 31, 2014

Baby #2 - 15 Week Bump

Finally! A real bump photo. It only took (almost) four months. And it's already a week old since I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. Ahh, baby number two syndrome. Sorry, kid. The trend is likely to continue, I'm afraid.

At 15 weeks I'm feeling pretty darn good. The only rough stretch of this pregnancy so far was weeks 6-10, which I wrote about in my first trimester post. With the exception of a few very minor symptoms, I've had it easy. My memory is fuzzy but honestly, it sure feels easier than it was the first time around, with the exception being that when I'm tired, there's no rest for the weary because instead, there's an almost 18-month old to chase after.


The Babe: According to The Bump, baby Barnacle is about the size of a naval orange, 4 inches long, 2.5 ounces.

The Belly: I feel like I'm much bigger this time than I was with Cece but when I compare the pictures, it's not that far off. I think the biggest difference is that I started showing much sooner the second time. I haven't checked recently but I'm guessing my weight gain is roughly the same too, up 4-5 pounds at 15 weeks.

Cravings/Aversions: Feeling so much better than I did early on. I could barely eat anything weeks 6-10. Appetite is back to normal, maybe slightly more robust than normal. Had aversions to coffee, sweets, Mexican food early on. Feeling more comfortable with the first two, still not digging Mexican though. Craving salty food. Wanted roasted turkey sandwiches day after day for two weeks. Bacon. Yes, bacon. Ate McDonalds chicken sandwiches two days in a row. Yes, McDonalds. Yikes!

Movement: Feeling small flutters at night if I'm sitting very still and in just the right position. Felt Cece movements around the same time during my first pregnancy.

Sleep: Ok. Up at least once to pee. Still able to sleep perched on my tummy (my favorite way to sleep). That won't last much longer and pretty soon I'll be big enough that back sleeping will be outlawed too and I'll feel obligated to sleep only on my left side. I hate that rule. 

Missing: Spicy tuna rolls and beer. Mmmm, beer.

Other Symptoms: Only minor ones. Headaches. Heart palpitations. Some dizziness. Tired. All things I experienced with Cece. Something new though - been feeling a little loopy lately, like a space cadet, especially notice this when driving. Better figure that out, that could be dangerous.

Difference between Pregnancies: Biggest difference is that this time around I have a lot less time to think about being pregnant. With Cece I thought about it constantly. Worried about it. Felt it. With baby number two there are days when I forget I'm even pregnant at all.

What I'm Excited For: Finding out what we're having in a few weeks. Feeling more regular movements from the Barnacle.

Here's a reminder of what my Cece bump looked like at 15 weeks. Back then I was marveling at my new bump, we were considering baby names and I felt flutters for the first time.




2 comments:

  1. I LOL to your comment about forgetting your pregnant sometimes!! Haha. Love reading these updates on here! MISS YOU! Need to plan a date! You're as adorable as ever! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOL to your comment about forgetting your pregnant sometimes!! Haha. Love reading these updates on here! MISS YOU! Need to plan a date! You're as adorable as ever! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete